Executive Program in Growth Strategies for Business leaders
- Learning through a balance of cutting-edge management theories
- Certificate of completion by IIM Calcutta
- Networking opportunities with professionals across various industries
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni Status
- Personal development through reflection and feedback
- Face to Face sessions with senior faculty by IIM Calcutta
- Superior performance on the job
- Exclusive focus on imparting managerial skills
- Development of career
- Developing a strategic perspective on aspiring for and executing organizational growth Understanding strategic dimensions of growth – especially appreciating differences between conflicts, contests and cooperation underlying growth processes Learning to design organizations that are resilient to complexities induced by growth processes Appreciating various forms of inter-organizational cooperation underlying rapid growth processes Appreciating the softer dimensions of growth – managing identities and aspirations
- The programme will be delivered through classes held at Times Centres once a week.
- In addition, there will be three campus visits at IIM Calcutta campus; one 4-day workshop at the start of the programme, a 3-day visit during the middle of the programme and a 3-day visit at the end of the programme
- The efficacy of the capstone project is conditional on collocation of group members
- Graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent) in any discipline with 50% marks and at least 10 years of work experience after graduation.
- Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of assessment of educational and professional background and motivation based on the application form submitted.
The heady opportunities available in a high growth economy amidst global technological disruption encourage business leaders to craft and execute business strategies for sustained growth. Growth, however, poses several challenges and successful management of growth strategies require careful crafting by managers. Rapid growth often introduces novel complexities in organizations. New forms and modes of coordination of work, processes and practices are needed to be designed and managed. This programme is aimed at addressing such concerns so that managers can make more deliberated choices around options of growth..
The inputs in this programme have been designed with a strategy eye, and a ‘general management’ focus..
It will deal explicitly with issues of power, control and governance, including designing of such systems as to enable the realization of desired control. Managing and designing the internal systems and environment of the organization as well as designing inter-organizational cooperation and coordination arrangements will be major focus areas of the programme. Managing growth is not only an economic question of organizational financial performance, but extends far beyond into managing identities, aspirations, expectations of various stakeholders around an organization..
Duration of the Programme:6 Months
Programme Schedule:Friday: 6:45 PM – 9:45 PM
Who Should Attend
Managers taking on senior management responsibilities
Senior functional managers moving to leadership or strategic roles
Practicing senior managers who wish to upgrade their skills
|Application Fee||INR 2500 + taxes as applicable|
|Program Fee||INR 2,50,000 + taxes as applicable|
|Campus Visit Fee (for 10 days)||INR 60,000 + taxes as applicable|
|Total Fee||INR 3,10,000 + taxes as applicable|
|Applications Open||December, 2018|
|Application Closure Date||20th March, 2019|
|List of selected candidates||Ongoing Weekly|
|Date of 1st Installment||2nd April, 2019|
|Campus Visit Dates||Induction: 8th May – 11th May, 2019 2nd visit: July, 2019 3rd visit: October, 2019|
|Technical Orientation||17th May, 2019|
|Programme End Date||October, 2019|
|1st||2nd February, 2018||70,000|
|2nd||10th June, 2019||80,000|
|3rd||10th July, 2019||80,000|
|4th||10th September, 2019||80,000|
|Plus taxes extra as applicable|
Spread over one year, the program provides the participants with skills for leadership in the knowledge economy through an innovative curriculum. Faculty from IIMC and distinguished visiting faculty from reputed academic institutions and industry handle these courses.The program curriculum focuses on equipping the participants:
- with an inside look at each main functional area, its purpose and role
- with the ability to understand the economic and regulatory trends
- learn various analytical tools and techniques that can give deeper insights in to business
- with the ability to take a big picture approach quintessential for senior managers.
The in-campus component is held at the end of the 1-year Program. This is a crucial component covering 5 days, which provides the participants an orientation towards case based learning. It is compulsory for all participants.
- Behavioural Science I
- Behavioural Science II
- Financial Accounting
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Quantitative Methods for Decision-making
- Marketing Management I
- Marketing Management II
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Corporate Finance
- Information Technology for Competitive Advantage
- Strategic Management